Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Why Should We Be Burdened For Others?

     Alright, I know I'm blogging for the second time today, but if I don't go ahead and talk about this I won't remember what I wanted to say. :)
     Today I wanted to talk about being burdened for others. I believe that this can be one of the harder Christian issues to handle, because it involves work, spiritual and physical. Some so called "Christians", would rather just sit back and feel like they were forgiven. I have experienced with this, unfortunately; I have gone to churches with over 2,000 attendees per week, and some of them are definitely just enjoying feeling forgiven.
     But before I talk about telling people about Christ, I think we all must understand it has to be God's will, and we must do it the way he thinks is right.

"Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge."
                                                                             -Proverbs 23:12

"Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart in the way."
                                                                            -Proverbs 23:19

     God wants us to tell people about him, but we must go about it the right way. I believe that listening to God through prayer and reading the Bible are the best two ways to do this. Paul speaks to Timothy in 1st Timothy, speaking to him:

"Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine."
                                                                            -1st Timothy 4:13

     Once we feel ready by God and through the Word, we can set out to overcome Satan and give salvation to others!
     I'm sad to say that I need more Bible reading and prayer on the direct way of coming up to someone and giving them the ultimate gift of the gospel. I will come back and tell you all when I find better answers to this issue.
     But I do know that we need to be careful walking up to just anyone and immediately telling them about the word of God.

"Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the wisdom of thy words."
                                                                           -Proverbs 23:9

     Some people are just flat out stubborn on the issue of Christ. They will need special prayer and special thought.
     Well, that mostly wraps up this post. Only one final thing to discuss.
     I believe that we need to let people read a little of God's word. Giving a small Bible passage reading or just giving a small Bible could help a possible critical spiritual situation. God's simple words have given many people hope and faith, and I believe that Bible reading is essential.
     That's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment