Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Summer!

     So........... YAY! Summer's here!
     I haven't been blogging because I have been lazy. The honest truth. I HAVE been busy, but I mostly have just been lazy a of late.
    So, I went to the Wones party on Friday! It was loads of fun! I played 4 square, ultimate frisbee, volleyball, and egg-tossing! I also got to play throw-a-wet-sponge-at-someone-and-watch-it-splatter-in-their-faces too!!! We also played hide-and-go-seek in the dark! You might think that is too old for 8th graders and up, but we love kiddy stuff! I thought that was a load of fun. I wasn't caught(of course). Ok that's braggy! Sorry.
     There was only one problem with the party. I walked on solid asphalt barefoot for about seven hours, and my legs were hurting. When I woke up on Sunday, I could hardly walk. So, other than that, it was a great party!
    Ok, if you haven't watched the Chick-Fil-A: See You On Monday song, you have got to watch it! Yes, you've got to. I decided to come up with some alternate lyrics for the song. Listen to the song, and imagine the guy's voice and the music to this:

I've got somethin' to say.
I've never wanted somethin' so bad in my lifetime,
But I can't have it, because it's Wednesday.
And I'm with you, UCA.

It all started, I was driving down the street,
Saw a church with a sign tellin' me where I should be
UCA, man, yo, then I started trippin,
Love at first sight when I see you alright.
My whole world stands still,
Stuck in time and space,
One whole day at my favorite place,
Yeah, I'm with my friends today,
Three little syllables, UCA.

UCA, you feel so far away.
UCA, I'll see you on Thursday.

The Dooleys, the Jones, the Counts, OH MY!!!
When I think about the Martins, I just cry and cry,
I'm like a little boy feelin' like a million bucks
When I walk up to my friends and I give them some hugs.

     So that is as far as I've gotten on my song. I hope you liked it!
     The last thing today is that I would like to honor our troops today, on Memorial Day for serving in the armed forces and being willing to die for our country. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

3 comments:

  1. Dude my feet were KILLING me too!!! I was like please don't make me do anything else my feet will fall off!!!!! Haha, Jacob! Oh my gosh, those lyrics work like, amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song! me and my sister did a rap video to it! your version is so funny, I was laughing so hard!
    Shiphrah

    ReplyDelete