Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Riddles!!!

Okay, I made up a pretty bad riddle, but I want to see who can solve it. Please forgive my terrible riddle-making.

STOP! Go no farther! This must be solved,
But if you hate riddles, please don't get involved, 
But if you do, sit back and quietly jog your brain,
Otherwise, this riddle will drive you insane.

Now, think of a creature that hunts in the night,
And when it is dark, its eyes shine out bright,

A creature that always attacks its prey's back,
The creature whose muscles will rarely go slack.

A creature that is smart and cunning,
But, when seen, its appearance is stunning,

And, now, this creature lives close to Hong Kong,
But, unlike its fellows, will swim all day long. 

I am extremely sorry, this is a really bad, and a probably stupid sounding riddle, but it is the best I could come up with in five minutes. :)





6 comments:

  1. Wow. That was TONS better than I could have come up with in a few days. Well, I don't know though. It swims, has bright eyes and is stunning and strong....

    *blank look*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...a Lyger? *giggles* I'm just kidding. But seriously, I have no clue. I keep thinking of an owl because they always attack their prey from the back...BUT they don't swim and they DEFINITELY don't have nice muscles. So, I then thought about a tiger, but I'm not real sure if they swim a lot....?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiger it is, Becca! The reward I had set up was my eternal friendship(sorry, I couldn't think of anything worth something). The thing about tigers is they are the only cats that will willingly swim. I thought that last clue would be a giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I won your eternal friendship? That's a great deal! I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jacob,
    My cats actually LOVE to swim in shallow water and they do it all the time on hot days. :P Nice blog-glad I finally found it!

    ReplyDelete